FriendsCommunitiesMetaphyiscalHeader
6 voices
5 replies
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Has anyone read The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People? It was recommended to me as a substitute to The Purpose Driven Life. I’m really having issues with PDL because of all the religious undertones in it. I almost threw the book across my bedroom because of chapter 3.

Anyways, I was wondering if 7 Habits would be better worth my time than PDL…

CarolynB

Hmmm. Haven’t read either one. I stayed away from PDL for precisely the reason you almost threw it across the room. I’ve stayed away from 7 Habits because it feels too “formula-y” — I’m not sure how to express it. If it were me, I would tend to go more with Dr. Wayne Dyer’s Power of Intention (which I also haven’t read, but that’s where I’d go for this type of book). Dyer does use a spiritual approach, but not a religious one.

Jude
    Participant

I’ve heard really great things about Power of Intention. I have yet to read it, although several close friends and family members have been after me! :o

Amy Rose
    Participant

My mom has the CD’s of Dr. Wayne Dwyer—It’s excellent!! The cd’s are a recording of one of his seminars, and it really is interesting. I think it’s called “The Power of Intention” I highly reccomend it Clasclar. I think you would really enjoy them. My mom loves them and always plays it on our stereo or in the car. I still haven’t listened to the whole thing yet but I hope to.
    I never read the Purpose Driven Life book, but my neighbor for christmas gave me the Purpose Driven Life 365 day calender. It does have a religious tone to it, but I find the daily quotes inspirational. There are so many new books I want to read, but there aren’t enough hours in the day!
    Amy

Myjoy
    Participant

I don’t know about PDL but I will say I have been trained thur The 3 day intense seminar on 7 habits and it was good I have taken out of it what I can use in my life I really think that is the way with either choice you make.

Sabine
    Participant
    Clasclar wrote:
    I’m really having issues with PDL because of all the religious undertones in it. I almost threw the book across my bedroom because of chapter 3.

I am also reading Purpose Driven Life right now, and I simply take what I need from it, and leave the rest, if it doesn’t jive with what I believe. I have found it helpful at this point in my life, but I would agree that the book is probably not for everyone.
    :hmm:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.