June 11, 2002 at 2:58 am #63069
Any one interested in learning the technique of seeing auras?
FDJune 11, 2002 at 3:34 am #77828
Me, me, me!
But — I have a confession to make. I got busy with other things and haven’t ordered even one of those tapes we were discussing in the other thread!
Glad you reminded me…June 11, 2002 at 11:46 am #77829
Sure! Actually I can see them a little bit now, but not much in the way of colors. I’ve copied JE’s habit of checking out the auras of the passengers before I get on a plane. It always reassures me to see them. I’m not sure what I would do if I couldn’t find one. Would I actually miss the flight?
Please share any good info!
ScubaCat :cat:June 11, 2002 at 1:34 pm #77830
Great, let’s see what you have…June 11, 2002 at 3:44 pm #77836
I can lay out the steps given to me and it’s up to you to practice EVERY DAY. Practice at least 60 seconds everyday in your bathroom with a mirror or something.
At first I didn’t see a thing, not even a blip. Now and I can see my own and Don’s, at least the etheric one. Pam laid out the 3 auras a long time ago and I didn’t have a clue what she was talking about, and now I do.
And I want to dig into bioenergy therapy…has to do with auras. It all fits together.
Has anyone heard of Kirlian photography–the photographing of the etheric aura….it’s documented now.
I’ll type out the steps here if it’s okay with Pam. Is it okay Pam?
FDJune 11, 2002 at 3:49 pm #77837
FairieD, I have several books on auras, but have only ever been minorly successful. I think you got it right when you said we should practice every day. That’s probably been my problem all along; I seem to do it in spurts instead of practicing on a regular basis.
I have definitely heard of Kirlian photography. I even know someone who had a Kirlian photograph taken MANY years ago. It’s very interesting…June 11, 2002 at 4:20 pm #77839
Here you go Jude,
Every time I go to the bathroom (don’t laugh) whether at home or at work, I take the 60 seconds to practice. Works out okay.
This morning was really weird. I know that all objects have a field of energy of some sort, but a wooden framed picture just spit out the most brilliant green I’ve ever seen. I saw my aura too, but I was so startled, I lost it all. A wooden frame that use to be a pine tree. Have to read more.
When they say the colors are intense, that’s just what they mean. You blink and unfocus just to get a better look, and of coarse it goes away. Have to learn to stay unfocused. Of coarse Don would be first to say I’m always unfocused, but….that’s a hubby.
FDJune 11, 2002 at 4:37 pm #77841
LOL! FD, everyone here already knows I am a little unfocused. I have done the aura search on myself twice and have seen it both times. I’ll try to see Valerie’s next time I see her. At work the people I concentrate on, without their knowledge:) just don’t stay still long enough and the backgound is too cluttered to see anything tangible. It’s also bad customer service to have an unfocused look on your face when somone walks up to the desk.
Let’s hear from you others when you take the test.
GailJune 11, 2002 at 5:19 pm #77843
AT this point, I am practicing maybe 5 to 10 times a day, and it should get easier and faster. People won’t have to stand around long to pick it up. I have a very long way to go, but I’m up to keep at it. Got plenty of bodies walking around a library at all times to practice a lot. Probably give me a heads up once in awhile, on the perturbed ones.
I’m still having trouble stretching up to the astral aura and picking up the colors. More practice. Imagine bathrooms as study rooms.
That green blast really hit hard this morning.
I’m still waiting for Pam’s okay.
FDJune 11, 2002 at 5:42 pm #77844
I’ve also read that it’s preferable to have a solid, light-colored background when trying to see the aura, at least in the beginning when you’re learning. Do you find that it makes a difference?
Obviously, it isn’t always possible to have the background of your choice, so I wonder if it’s just helpful in the beginning, while you’re learning to distinguish.June 11, 2002 at 6:31 pm #77822
Originally posted by Fairiedust
I’m still waiting for Pam’s okay.
Sorry I missed this…you have my okay dokay :)June 12, 2002 at 2:53 am #77867
Tonight at work, I used one of my co-workers as a guinea pig. The background is a beigey brown. A new color for me. Yes, light solid backgrounds are good. I’m kinda tired t night, so I’ll type my little fingers off tomorrow. This is so much fun and the book I am reading is very good also. So between the tape, the book and anything else I can lay my hands on, I’m gonna learn this stuff.
Don has pink going around him. And I’m yellow and green. I think they are all good, but I’m still checking it out.
See ya tomorrow, and don’t be late for class.
Have to do your homework or …..Pam will think of something awful for you to do like post on Randi’s site. Yuck!!!
P.S. Bring paper and pencil.June 12, 2002 at 6:03 pm #77877
Is it tomorrow yet? I have my pencil and paper! Where’s the teacher?
ScubaCat :cat:June 12, 2002 at 6:29 pm #77881
I do see some auras, but not the entire aura [etheric rainbow]. I’m ready and willing to learn more Fairie. Just let me know when and where ~ I’ll be there if I can.
Pen and paper ready :D
TammyJune 13, 2002 at 2:57 am #77902
Here ya go guys.
I wanna hear feedback. This is a combination between the one and only book our library owns on auras and the workshop tape I ordered. I also reserved a video workshop and I’ll let you know about that one. Some info may differ from source to source.
To See Your Own or Another’s Aura
The basics needed are:
Mirror or willing guinea pig
White or neutral color surface visible in the mirror as a background (for self)
Indirect lighting–avoid fluorescent light or direct sunlight, and walls with colors or patterns
1. Stand in front of a mirror at least eighteen inches away; farther if possible. To view another person, place them 18 inches to 2 feet in front of a bare white wall. View subject from at least 10 feet away.
2. Place yourself in front of white or neutral background.If you are the viewer, it doesn’t matter.
3. Relax, breathe deeply, and sway gently from side to side
4. Focus on the texture of the surface of the wall behind you or the guinea pig
5. As you stare past the outline of the shoulders, you will see the envelope of light, a band of fuzzy light around your body which moves with you as you rock gently. This is the ETHERIC AURA. It is about one-quarter inch to one-half inch in depth. Continue to look past the outline of the body, you should see the subject as if he/she is illuminated from behind, sometimes with a white, light blue, bright yellow or silver color. One side may glow more brightly or slowly pulsate. Auras are rarely uniform. The etheric band should be visible in 60 seconds or less. You may not see colors right away. Practice.
The ASTRAL AURA is the next band of light you will see, which can extend from 3 inches to 3 feet around the body. It is darker and more diffuse. Keep your eyes unfocused and stretch them up slowly to extend the astral band. The third layer is called AURIC SHELL. Later folks.
6. Remember to breathe as you do this, since you are now the viewer and/or subject
7. Lighting should be subdued, neither too bright nor too dark. Experiment. Auras cannot be seen in total darkness and bright light will wash out all but the most vibrant of auras.
8. Color of clothing is unimportant. You might find that your auric color, when you become accustomed to seeing it, will clash with certain items in your wardrobe, but you will see your true colors regardless of what you wear.
9. Experiment with projecting a color. Think of a color and try to visualize it. You can change your base line color temporarily through this kind of exercise, and the change can be seen.
10. As you exhale, the aura should get larger. Reciting the numbers one through thirty in a normal speaking voice will help liberate your energy. Take a breath after every two numbers. Speed up the count from the number twenty on without taking a breath and watch your aura change in size and vibrancy. As you resume normal breathing, the aura will return to its former size buy might appear a little brighter.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.