FriendsCommunitiesMetaphyiscalHeader
6 voices
7 replies
  • Author
    SandyK1360
    Participant

Recently I watched two shows on the History Channel about this date becoming the “end of the world”. Mostly it deals with the Mayan Calandar and some other prophecies. I’ve been reading up on this subject and are quite interested in knowing what your views are on this subject.

The History Channel Blurb on Mayan Doomsday Prophecy
    The world is coming to an end on December 21, 2012! The ancient Maya made this stunning prediction more than 2,000 years ago. We’ll peel back the layers of mystery and examine in detail how the Maya calculated the exact date of doomsday. Journey back to the ancient city of Chichen Itza, the hub of Maya civilization deep in the heart of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, to uncover the truth about this prophecy. The Maya were legendary astronomers and timekeepers–their calendar is more accurate than our own. By tracking the stars and planets they assigned great meaning to astronomical phenomena and made extraordinary predictions based on them–many of which have come true. Could their doomsday prophecy be one of them? In insightful interviews archaeologists, astrologers, and historians speculate on the meaning of the 2012 prophecy. Their answers are as intriguing as the questions.

Pam B
    Keymaster

Fear controls, fear sells, and fear keeps people glued to the TV.

I promise you the world will not end in 2012. :laff2: The bible fundamentalists are keen to use Revelations to point to a “doomsday” or end of the world as a way of scaring people in to converting and joining their ranks. The news media uses the end of the Mayan calandar to sell TV shows and advertising.

All is well, and there is more evidence of THAT in this world, than there is that the world will end soon. We as humans just don’t tend to pay attention to the positive stuff.

Yes, the Mayan calendar ends on December 21, 2012, but why can’t that mean that one age will end, and another new wonderful age will begin?

End of the world prophesies? I’m not buying it.

Paula Mae
    Participant

I’m with you Pam. I have seen that show. It was a rather interesting one. I perfer to believe that maybe that date is more the one where we usher back in the age of being more intouch with the spiritual world around us.

Jeannie
    Participant

On our recent cruise with Sonia Choquette, Gordon Smith, John Holland and Collette Baron-Ried; Sonia Choquette and I believe one or two of the the others (I can’t recall which of the others) were asked about 2012, Sonia stated it very emphatically, that nothing catastrophic would happen. They said that it will be a new era, a change of consciousness. It would be a swing toward the spiritual and that teachers would be needed. She said that is the reason of the resurgence of interest in the spiritual and that is why we were being drawn to workshops of that nature. :clap:

Pam B
    Keymaster

This is a very interesting subject indeed. I agree with Choquette.

See this thread with a link to a video that points to evidence that Jesus was (or the authors who recounted his story were) astrologically aware, and that the New Testament also points to a new “age” that is beginning:

http://www.friendscommunities.org/showthread.php?t=16402

I must say again, I know this movie has a different spin and intent entirely, but I think it points out the astrological references beautifully!

I definitely welcome a new age and the “end” of the old one!

CarolynB

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Quote:
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WHEN WILL IT ALL END? [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Mayans were highly civilised people with extraordinary skills in astronomy and mathematics. Yet, if you ask people what do they know about them, most people would answer ‘aren’t they the ones that said the world will end in 2012?‘[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Sadly, that’s all most people know about them and it is a shame, for these highly civilised people invented the concept of ‘zero’ and they had names for numbers so large that we today don’t even have names for them. The world will not end in 2012, only one of the cycles of time chartered by the Maya.For they took notice not only of time here on earth,
    but they believed we were affected by galactic seasons as well.
    We all accept that the solar system has a timetable and the planets all move predictably in a certain pattern. The Maya believed that beyond that were cycles of movement involving our whole galaxy as it speeds through our universe.The count that ends in 2012, is a count that charts a galactic season over 5,000 years long. They saw the Planet Earth as being affected by this season and they believed we were going through a ‘beam’ where the centre of the universe ‘Hunab Ku’ was emitting a transmission via our sun.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This ‘transmission’ ends 2012. [/FONT]

http://www.mayantimes.com/zpages/2012%20Prophecy.htm

[/FONT][/FONT]

SandyK1360
    Participant

I wasn’t buying it either..but was really lousy at the argument. I really like the fact of seeing a new age. In my eyes..wouldn’t that just make sense since now after all these years we are actually seeing more and more people come to our New Age beliefs.
    Thanks to all for your input.
    Sandy

Fairiedust
    Participant

Hi,

I love these topics.

Has anyone seen the DVD, “Star of Bethlehem” which explains the impossible dance the planets and stars had to do for that magnificent star to exist. I say dance because a few of the planets had to wobble and dip several times for it to happen. Very interesting.

I remember that conversation with Sonia also. A new consciousness will be achieved. Some will make the change and others won’t. Now, how do we all make sure we can get on the same bus?

Fairiedust

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.