FriendsCommunitiesMetaphyiscalHeader

Forums Forums Resources Books/Tapes/ Videos/Newsletters John Holland’s Tip for 12/18 – Receptivity

4 voices
5 replies
  • Author
    LoriM
    Participant
    Intuition is received via your feelings, energy centers, and imagination. One of the best ways to improve your receptivity of intuitive impressions is to stop watching television (at least for a while). We’ve let TV do our thinking and imagining for us, so our own intuitive senses have become lazy. This week try reading the newspaper more or tape the shows you feel you really can’t miss. By doing so, your own inner screen will develop in strength and become more receptive, and clarity will soon follow.

Blessings – John

z_spacer.gif

Using and trusting intuition leads to clarity
    Pam B
    Keymaster

I LOVE this tip!

In the 1980’s when I separated from my first husband, he took the tv with him. I couldn’t afford to buy another one. But something wonderful happened. I started appreciating the silence that allowed my own thoughts to come in. When I needed a break from that, I read or listened to music, or went for walks.

This was the era of “Where’s the beef?” and Saturday Night Live catch phrases that I can’t even remember because they just weren’t in my psyche. I’d listen to people talk about things they saw on tv, and then mimic it, or get extremely emotionally charged about fictional stories, to the point that they seemed very upset! I worked in retail fashion and I also saw how people would buy things based on what stars were wearing on TV (remember the “Members Only” jacket craze?) It allowed me to see how TV affected people, and how it affected their thoughts, emotions and even their actions. I felt really good that my thoughts were my own only during those days.

I absolutely agree with John in this tip, from personal experience!

Jude
    Participant

Silence is highly underrated! :) I spend most of every day in the quiet, unless the phone rings, or I have to leave. No daytime TV, occasionally music (but not usually). In the car, I most often do not listen to music when driving, unless I’ve got a long drive ahead. For uninterrupted 25+ min. drives, I usually listen to John Edward’s Rosary CD. There’s nothing like listening to the soothing voice of Roma Downey to ease the stress of traffic. ;) Afterwards, I might listen to music, if I’ve still got some distance to go.

Evenings are different, but I can handle it (up to a point!), after having near-silence most of the day.

:hearts:

LoriM
    Participant

When the kids and husband go camping once a month the TV usually NEVER gets turned on. I have so much peace and solitude in the house w/o the TV.

Mike watches news 24/7 and it drives me crazy. Unfortunately, he does this because it is the only way for him to remember world events and it is the only contact that he has with the outside world a lot of the time. He has to watch it repetitively to get it into his long term memory.

I find that when the tv is off I get SO much more done, the atmosphere of the house is calmer, and I FEEL better. I tend to forget how much negative energy comes from having it on all the time until it isn’t there!

Jude
    Participant
    Messerlori;128387 wrote:
    I find that when the tv is off I get SO much more done, the atmosphere of the house is calmer, and I FEEL better. I tend to forget how much negative energy comes from having it on all the time until it isn’t there!

I totally agree! :thumbsup:

I’ll be breaking with tradition today, though. Got tons of gifts to wrap, several packages to pack and get into the mail. Sounds like a good time to listen to some Christmas music! :santa:

Whoa! A dove just landed on the patio, outside my window. :)

Gail
    Participant

Ah, a sign of peace, Jude, and heaven knows you can use some of that. :)

I have about 200 channels on my television and the only ones I usually check out are the weather channel and CNN. There are a few shows I like watching and most of the time I forget to turn them on. Usually I’m busy around the house, reading a book, helping out my daughter, or on the computer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.