FriendsCommunitiesMetaphyiscalHeader

Forums Forums Astrology Astrology Student’s Corner Let’s Talk Sun Signs…

39 voices
110 replies
  • Author
    Posts
  • #113435
    Pam B
    Keymaster

    Welcome Aimee, Catherine and Laura!!!

    I’m the hostess of this board, and have been doing “this” for over 6 years now, but I know ZIP about astrology, other than my sun sign is Scorpio :)

    But all that will change next month when I join in the beginner’s class (finally!)

    I am so looking forward to learning this new language, and a new frame of reference and I’m so happy I have so many wonderful students to share the experience with!!!:hearts:

    #113436
    maria V
    Participant

    @andismile 128518 wrote:

    Hi, my name is Catherine, a.k.a. andIsmile. I am a Gemini, the sign of the Twins and I do feel like two people, at times.

    You could say my middle name is “change”! There are times I can have a wonderful conversation and other times I love to just listen to everyone, else. I can go with the flow or debate the tide. I see things that others do not in a situation. I am quick to help others, and slow at taking care of myself. I stretched myself to the breaking point in the summer of 2005. I’ve been on an ever changing spiritual journey this past year that has been awesome. The things I’ve seen and felt have brought about wonderful insights. I received my Reiki attunement on July 6, 2006, so I am, now, 100% starperson! (Check earth angel thread for more info.) I am a big Doreen Virtue fan. I’ve read all her books. Well, most of them completely… and I smile.

    I tend to have several projects going at the same time. This includes reading more then one book at a time. All these can go for months unfinished.

    There is so much more I could say, but it would be eaiser for you to just read about me by reading the Gemini info in the text book… and I smile.

    I’m looking forward to the class and getting to know everyone better.

    Catherine

    Catherine welcome! I’m so glad to have you here and I can’t wait to help you learn more about astrology. Thank you for posting your birth information in the student data base.

    Geminis are the “Jimminy Crickets” of the zodiac – nimble, clever and flitting about. I think Tinkerbell must have been a Gemini – I can see the fairylike persona of Gemini in her – the youthful, playful and innocent aura that wants to learn as much as possible.

    And your Libra Moon – ahhhhh could this be the reason you want to smile so much? But there is something behind the smile you know. Yes, all of this is in your birth chart and together we will explore it and embrace those lessons and challenges.

    I see some fascinating nuggets in your horoscope Catherine and I cannot wait to teach you about them. You have many gifts to share with others. Now that’s a reason to smile! :hearts:

    #113437
    maria V
    Participant

    @shes_a_rainbow 128522 wrote:

    Hey Everyone!

    My name is Laura and I am one of those crazy, quirky aquarians! I absolutely love meeting and interacting with new, interesting people. I love having deep conversations and trying to figure out how we can make this world a better place. I really do live in my head, intellectualizing just about every new thought and emotion I experience. But I also overanalyze EVERYTHING and tend too worry way too much (I think my Gemini rising has a bit to do with this.) I have been told that I can be very aloof and detached when I want, but little do people know, I am actually VERY sensitive and emotional (Pisces moon is to blame!) from time to time. I know they say aquarians are humanitarians, and, while I do care a great bit about humankind, I must admit that I harbor a much deeper passion for the environment, as well as the animals that inhabit it. My interests include knitting, yoga, astrology, sewing, quilting, making jewelry, ultimate frisbee, hiking, camping, running, crocheting, school, thrift shopping, and most all, partying and just having a good time! I am sooooo excited about this course and can’t wait to broaden my knowledge on one of the most interesting topics there is. :]

    Birth info : Feb. 1st 1987 1:21pm Warner Robins, GA

    Laura welcome! Thank you for posting your birth information but if you would like to be featured as one of our “student of the week” exercises I just need you to post it again in the Student Data Base thread – thanks!

    Ok we have alot to talk about Laura. My mom is an Aquarian Sun with a Pisces Moon and I know this combination well. Of course every horoscope is unique and your Mars in Aries in the 11th makes you a warrior for humanitarian causes, supporting your Aquarian Sun in the 9ths spiritual beliefs and ideals to make the world a better place.

    It would be that Pisces Moon that makes life tough for you. Being conjunct a Jupiter in Pisces, you are flooded with compassion and emotions that you so deeply need to hide and separate from but when the dam breaks, watch out!

    Aquarian Sun/Pisces Moon blend is tough to reconcile because you are so emotional but your energy is telling you to rationalize this emotion and detach from it. You are not comfortable with your own need to be so compassionate and you worry because of this. With Mars in Aries, you want to be sure no one and I mean no one mistakes your kindness for weakness.

    So much to talk about! Another dynamic student joins our network. Welcome!:hearts:

    This class will reveal so many of your gifts and I’m so glad you’re with us.

    #113438
    maria V
    Participant

    @Pam 128524 wrote:

    Welcome Aimee, Catherine and Laura!!!

    I’m the hostess of this board, and have been doing “this” for over 6 years now, but I know ZIP about astrology, other than my sun sign is Scorpio :)

    But all that will change next month when I join in the beginner’s class (finally!)

    I am so looking forward to learning this new language, and a new frame of reference and I’m so happy I have so many wonderful students to share the experience with!!!:hearts:

    (((Pam))) is a Super Scorpio everyone! And I can’t wait to show you how super she is through her horoscope!

    Pam – you picked a great group to be a part of – the energy of this class is unbelievable!!! But then again, the energy of your whole community is that way – amazing. Just like you!:love:

    #113442
    andIsmile
    Participant

    Okay, Maria, now, you have my attention!
    I want to learn more about these “fascinating nuggets” and my “many gifts for sharing with others.” I can not wait for you to teach me, either… and I smile!

    #113443
    kps64
    Participant

    Hello everyone! I am Kris (kps is my nickname and kps64 is my sn) I hope I have finally found the correct place for my introduction.

    If you see my other attempts, please just look over it as me being a Sag!! Persistent and perfectionistic!!!!!

    I am very intutitive, and will take on others’ feelings rather easily. I am hard headed, but dying for acceptance. Therefore, I have a tendency to be too devout.

    I crave to know about anything and everything….NOW!

    Great!! Now I feel so exposed!!:redface3:

    I look forward to meeting everyone
    kps

    #113446
    espana76
    Participant

    :wave: Hello! Kris! A fellow Sagittarian, huh? And we seem to share a love of knowledge that we want to know NOW! :D :D It is great to have you here and hope that you have prepared for the journey……(i.e. with chocolates, coffee, tea….and chocolates in tow!):banana:
    Good luck in your journey!

    Jamie

    #113491
    superpisces
    Participant

    hey thanks everyone for being so nice!! =0) i am happy to be apart of this group. Oh and my name is Amie, not Aimee. Many people confuse it a lot @_@ not many ppl spell it this way (thanks mom for making my life miserable haha jk). But anyways i didnt correct sooner because …i guess i didnt care enough too lol. But now yall know. thanks!!!:laff2:

    #113492
    maria V
    Participant

    @kps64 128534 wrote:

    Hello everyone! I am Kris (kps is my nickname and kps64 is my sn) I hope I have finally found the correct place for my introduction.

    If you see my other attempts, please just look over it as me being a Sag!! Persistent and perfectionistic!!!!!

    I am very intutitive, and will take on others’ feelings rather easily. I am hard headed, but dying for acceptance. Therefore, I have a tendency to be too devout.

    I crave to know about anything and everything….NOW!

    Great!! Now I feel so exposed!!:redface3:

    I look forward to meeting everyone
    kps

    Hi Kris :wave: glad you made it over here! So much of what you’re describing echos your sensitive Pisces rising…I cannot wait to help you explore it further. Welcome!

    #113493
    maria V
    Participant

    @superpisces 128588 wrote:

    hey thanks everyone for being so nice!! =0) i am happy to be apart of this group. Oh and my name is Amie, not Aimee. Many people confuse it a lot @_@ not many ppl spell it this way (thanks mom for making my life miserable haha jk). But anyways i didnt correct sooner because …i guess i didnt care enough too lol. But now yall know. thanks!!!:laff2:

    Amie – my apologies – the early messages you sent me had your name spelled as Aimee (unless I’m being delusional – quite possible for me – LOL). Correction noted! :love:

    #113561
    Anonymous

    Hi guys! I am a scorpion. I believe I have most of the traits of this sign. I am very sensitive to my surrounding and other people’s feelings become my feelings. I can have very strong emotional reactions to situations and have a tendency to OVER react. I am moody, affectionate, warm, friendly, and loyal. I seldom get angry, but when I do – I am furious and unforgiving, and have the scorpio sting! I am a leader and love to be in the spotlight concerning certain causes – such as animal rights. The two traits that I dont have are: concerning changes and money. I dont like changes and I am not conservative when it somes to spending money!

    I am looking forward to this class and understanding myself better…and of course – meeting all of you!

    Buffers

    #113628
    Libra-leo Damon
    Participant

    Greetings fellow Astro Questers,My name is Damon And I am a Libra,now most of what i have read about Libra always stresses balance and agreeing with others just to keep the peace and detesting arguments:angel: .That sounds very nice but it ain’t me:laff: ,don’t get me wrong i enjoy harmony and don’t go looking for fights or act rude however I can be very argumentative/love of debate, not in the nasty emotional sense but in the sense that I won’t bite my tounge simply to be a angelicly conflict avoiding peaceful/libra.Also i agree with the description of Venus ruler of libra giving us a love of beauty and fashion and style,however some of my friends who are born under libra in september and early october tend to be more vain or superficial in regard to appearances than i am,don’t get me wrong i’m guilty of noticing surface appearances/fashion/styles/looks too but i think being that i am born on the last day of libra oct.22 which is the cusp of libra/scorpio i tend to think about everything deeper than just whats on the surface so i have noticed a difference in that sense between me and my other libra brothers and sisters.I definitely pick up on some of that lazy procrastinating side of libra and i also relate to the ability for natural charm,but when i always read about libras needing to be in a relationship to be complete,i must say that that dosen’t resonate for myself in that I have no problem being by alone and at times being a loner.But not a staunch loner though i need buddies or companions to share with and laugh with but not all the time because i value my alone time strongly as well,i’m sort of a extrovert/introvert person depending on my mood.Well this thread is rather interesting and i enjoy the fact that it sort of exposes how superficial sun sign description alone are in describing us, by revealing the subtle and not so subtle ways in which people of the same sun sign differ,thanks Maria looking forward to some ASTROLOGY FEVER!!!!!!!!:dance:

    #113643
    maria V
    Participant

    @Buffers 128663 wrote:

    Hi guys! I am a scorpion. I believe I have most of the traits of this sign. I am very sensitive to my surrounding and other people’s feelings become my feelings. I can have very strong emotional reactions to situations and have a tendency to OVER react. I am moody, affectionate, warm, friendly, and loyal. I seldom get angry, but when I do – I am furious and unforgiving, and have the scorpio sting! I am a leader and love to be in the spotlight concerning certain causes – such as animal rights. The two traits that I dont have are: concerning changes and money. I dont like changes and I am not conservative when it somes to spending money!

    I am looking forward to this class and understanding myself better…and of course – meeting all of you!

    Buffers

    Hi Vickie I’m sorry I didn’t have a chance to welcome you sooner! Welcome!!!:hearts:

    I find it interesting how you say you love to be in the spotlight concerning certain causes such as animal rights.

    It’s such a blend of humanitarian Aquarius along with a strong 6th house influence (the 6th house rules pets). You have nurturing Jupitier in Cancer in the 6th and also Pluto in Leo in the 6th demanding to be in the spotlight to assert your will and defend those animals.

    Your Pluto placement makes you a natural healer Vickie and I cannot personally wait to help you learn more about your fascinating loaded 8th house!

    And your humanitarian needs are dominating even with that Mars in Aquarius incarcerated in your 12th house. For you it is a singleton planet and will become the leader of your horoscope pulling all your other planets along for the ride.

    Don’t worry if you don’t understand what I’m talking about…soon you will and there are plenty of amazing people here to help you fill in the blanks!

    Please consider adding your birth information to our student data base if you haven’t done so yet – your horoscope is fascinating indeed. But then again…everyone’s is! :hearts:

    #109904
    maria V
    Participant

    @Libra-leo Damon 128748 wrote:

    Greetings fellow Astro Questers,My name is Damon And I am a Libra,now most of what i have read about Libra always stresses balance and agreeing with others just to keep the peace and detesting arguments:angel: .That sounds very nice but it ain’t me:laff: ,don’t get me wrong i enjoy harmony and don’t go looking for fights or act rude however I can be very argumentative/love of debate, not in the nasty emotional sense but in the sense that I won’t bite my tounge simply to be a angelicly conflict avoiding peaceful/libra.Also i agree with the description of Venus ruler of libra giving us a love of beauty and fashion and style,however some of my friends who are born under libra in september and early october tend to be more vain or superficial in regard to appearances than i am,don’t get me wrong i’m guilty of noticing surface appearances/fashion/styles/looks too but i think being that i am born on the last day of libra oct.22 which is the cusp of libra/scorpio i tend to think about everything deeper than just whats on the surface so i have noticed a difference in that sense between me and my other libra brothers and sisters.I definitely pick up on some of that lazy procrastinating side of libra and i also relate to the ability for natural charm,but when i always read about libras needing to be in a relationship to be complete,i must say that that dosen’t resonate for myself in that I have no problem being by alone and at times being a loner.But not a staunch loner though i need buddies or companions to share with and laugh with but not all the time because i value my alone time strongly as well,i’m sort of a extrovert/introvert person depending on my mood.Well this thread is rather interesting and i enjoy the fact that it sort of exposes how superficial sun sign description alone are in describing us, by revealing the subtle and not so subtle ways in which people of the same sun sign differ,thanks Maria looking forward to some ASTROLOGY FEVER!!!!!!!!:dance:

    WOW!!! Damon you are going to shine in this class. :clap:

    There is so much about your chart that explains the schism between your Sun sign and your actual personality.

    Let’s start with the fact that you have Cancer rising. There is a strong self protection here and you are ruled by your Moon which happens to be in LEO and IN the 1st house of SELF!!! You must be respected for your individuality and appreciated for who you are. It’s that simple. You certainly will defend your needs and will not by the typical Libran who loses himself in a relationship.

    Your 3 planets in Scorpio make you so probing and perceptive. There is nothing superficial about you. And you can see right to the soul of a person – of this I’m sure.

    And you say you can be a loner. Folks he has all of his planets below the horizon with the exception of Saturn in Taurus Rx in the 11th. Damon that Saturn placement speaks volumes about your inner self. The opposition to Venus – also Rx.

    Behind that noble, shining Leo Moon is a man who has had a slew of life experiences which have challenged his belief to feel worthy of love. And it all started with Dad. Now in the reality of your life, you will have the choice to bring your astrology to life with us – particularly when we get to feature you as a “student of the week”. Hopefully then you will tell us what you have learned from all of this early family upheaval (Uranus on the Nadir). What I truly hope you can tell us however, is that you have learned the important lesson of Saturn in the 11th – you ARE lovable. :love:

    Betcha didn’t think we’d get so deep this soon eh?:angel:
    I’m very glad to have you here.

    #111685
    Libra-leo Damon
    Participant

    Thank you for that read Maria,you got me pegged and thank you for calling me lovable:hearts: ,sometimes i do have issues with feeling worthy of love and i suppose its that singleton moon in my 11th house as you said speaking volumes about me,Saturn can be quite a dark cloud raining on my cheery Sun in libra and Magnanimous Moon in leo parade at times and leaves me feeling conflicted.I agree with everything you said about my chart and realize you got that from just a surface glance so I know your good at what you do,I appreaciate you comming into my life with this glorious opportunity to really study astrology deeper and exploere the mysteries of this science and myself.:clap:

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.