FriendsCommunitiesMetaphyiscalHeader

Forums Forums Astrology Astrology Student’s Corner The Student of the Week Exercise is BACK!!!

3 voices
7 replies
  • Author
    Posts
  • #66172
    maria V
    Participant

    I know it’s not January yet but I cannot wait another minute – have you all looked at our growing student data base yet???

    Wow! There are some great charts for learning and what we’re going to do is feature one student each week for the exercise.

    The next student on our list is Jeannie (Twinky). Here is her birth data for those students who plan on participating in this fun exercise:

    11/11/1959
    7:40 PM
    Lamesa, TX

    Note to new students: Please feel free to jump right in when you are comfortable. Some of you already have a little working knowledge of astrology and I invite you to share your interpretations with the group. This is such a fun way to get to know each other better and to stretch those astrology muscles. :D You can do something as simple as interpret her Sun sign or Moon sign or you can go deeper. Feel free to read past student of the week exercises to get a feel for what this exercise is all about.

    Jeannie will be our featured student until Friday and then I will post a new student each Friday after since many of you have told me you have more time to work on the exercise during a weekend.

    So what can you tell me about Jeannie? The beautiful lady with a Scorpio Sun, Aries Moon (singleton planet!) and Gemini rising?

    Jeannie has alot going on in her 6th house – any ideas on what all that business is about???

    What grabs your attention first about this horoscope?
    Go for it guys and don’t be shy.

    We’re all here to learn and I’m sure Jeannie will grace us with her comments and feedback.

    :dance:

    #111683
    Libra-leo Damon
    Participant

    Theres a number of things that grabs my attention when i look at Jeannie’s chart one of the first things that i look at since i read this in a astrology book awhile back is the fact that they say the ruler of your rising sign is considered to be the planetary ruler of your chart so it makes the location(house and sign placement) particularly important.So when I see that Jeannie’s rising sign is Gemini and it is ruled by the planet mercury i automaticly know that mercury is her ruler of her chart so then i look to what house and sign placement the planet mercury is in in her chart.

    Well lo and behold:eek: Jeannie has her chart ruler mercury in the 6th house which is the natural house for virgo which is also ruled by mercury thus that planet is going to be at home and able to express itself quite harmoniously there and the added fact it is the ruler of her chart and her gemini rising is going to give our scorpio classmate a decided MERCURIAL nature due to this repeated theme.Now she has in her sixth house what i have read is a stellium which is 3 or more planets in any house, in her case its the SUN/SCORPIO,Mars/scorpio,chart ruler mercury/sagitarius,jupiter/sagitarius,thats 4 planest in this house that deals with matters of work,service to others of some type and health and healing field,also it is indicative of Jeannie’s personal health.

    By her having her vital Sun and mars and jupiter in this house tells me she has probably enjoyed a robust vital health with jupiter there she may have to watch her weight because of the expansive over doing nature of jupiter,with her sun in scorpio which is all about regeneration and transformation when being expressed positively and mercury and jupiter being in the same house in progressive curious minded sagitarius i could easily see Jeannie working as a HEALER,ENERGY practioner be it REKI or perhaps being a nutitionist who helps people reform their diets and eliminat toxic foods and unhealthy lifestyles so as to embrace a more vital healthy life,that or if more conventional then perhaps a nurse who is progressive minded and atleast interested in alternative forms of health outside of drug medications and surgery like Herbs and accupuncture for instance.

    The fact that mercury is in her sixth house and it happens to be also her chart ruler and ruler of that gemini rising instantly lets me know that Jeannie has been very Curious about information and knowledge her whole life but placing this planet in the sixth house narrows the scope to what her specific interests are to me, and combining this with the fact that she is a scorpio I know that her information and knowledge collecting will be far deeper than if her sun sign was lets say gemini,scorpio unlike gemini is concerned with getting to the bottom of everything and probing and penertrating a subject of interest with great concentration where as gemini is satisfied to get a little surface information and then it gets bored and moves on to the next thing that grabs its fickle attention.

    So with that said Jeannie has or definitely can potentially speaking, explore health,nutrition,as a profession or service to others in a way that could make her a very knowledgable speacialist.One last note about her sixth house explosion of activity is that i see 2 planetary conjunction aspects in her sixth house the first conjunction aspect is between mars and the sun which tells me Jeannie ain’t no pushover and not one to be messed with unless you want to feel her stinger:eek: ,Mars used to be said to rule scorpio and aries so by the planet mars conjuncting her Sun in SCORPIO!! its going to blend in and overemphasize and BOLSTER her forcefullness and make her all the more intense as person in a way that some insecure men might not be able to handle her strength and find it intimidating,and this tendency is backed up further by the theme of her Moon sign being in ARIES!!!! to boot:eek: (in other words don’t mess with this lady because if she has to she will get in your face(aries) and straightin you out or eliminate you as a problem(scorpio):laff: .

    The other conjunction I see in the 6th house is mercury and jupiter Conjunction,they blend vey well because they are both about knowledge with the difference being mercury is concerned with general information and collecting it and communicating it and jupiter being like a higher octave of mercury seeks higher learing,philosophy,religion,progressive thought so by her having this conjunction in the 6th house in sagitarius incidentally sag is ruled by jupiter,she should really be able to excell in the matters and concerns of this house quite strongly.

    I notice she has Uranus in the 3rd house like myself so I know that 3rd house is gemini’s natural house of education,communication,information and the planet uranus loves unconventional progressive modern unusal things,so placed here she will have interests in things such as astrolgy which is why she and I are here in the first place and new age or science and be very intuitive about knowledge where she just gets sudden intuitive flashes and just knows something,and being that her Uranus is in leo she will take pride in her ability to communicate and her ideas and wish to SHINE and share her unusal knowledge with those who are more conventional in thought.

    I see pluto her sun’s ruler in her 4th house, which could indicate she had problems with her mother and or some type of turbulence as a child in the home many the time pluto points to some type of abuse taking place in the family or home or perhaps a abusive mother when it is deposited in the 4th house,but pluto is transformative,so in someway at your very foundation of this life there is pluto themes of destruction,and rebirth and survival for you but being a sun sign scorpio you possess a higher threshold for trials and tribulations than a weaker person due to the hearty constitution of the surviving scorpion/pheonix.

    I see that across the 4th house is the planet of beauty Venus in the sign of its rulership Libra which tells me growing up wasn’t all stormy or turbulent Venus’s influence should have helped to modify some of pluto’s harshness and it could have made your early home life bitter sweet and your relationship with your mother bitter sweet as well have made the surroundings beautiful and at times harmonious.

    I know that the 7th house is the house signifys partnerships,and marriage and you havethe TASK MASTER Saturn sitting in this house and wherever Saturn sits it brings HARD LESSONS of one type or the other and also restrictions and setbacks,so with it being in Jeannie’s 6th house and in its sign of its rulership capricorn tells me that she may have married late or have a spouse who is older than her or that she may be a loner and or a person who has suffered many a dissappointment in matters of marriage or partnerships,believe me i understand this in that my Venus is in opposition to my saturn and i don’t tend to have smooth relationships,so saturn in the seventh in capricorn can definitely bring about some of these issues.

    I also see her moon in aries in the 11th house and this house deals with friends and hopes goals and wishes,as well as organizations,usualy the acquaintances are connected to your interests and objectives in life,so having your moon here says that you have instinctive social charm with a group and are fed by being part of groups and that your friends or acquaintances may change when your intersts and pursuits do,but seeing as its aries that your moon is in you will have to watch out for a tendency to be impulsive and to act first and think later,also having your moon in a fire sign and your sun sign in a water sign will create a element tension in Jeannie due to the fact that fire and water don’t blend harmoniously,however this can if used constructively can make you more driven and focussed like fire under a pot boiling water in this sense we can see where two different elements are working together toward a mutal goal instead of being at odds with each other so in other words Jeannie is COOKIN:banana: .

    Last but not least I see the gemini rising which says that you may always have a youthful appearance and a lively personality that does not come off as over serious or old and stodgy,you are always on the move and in constant motion and get bored very easily with routine being stagnant,Jeannie has to be free to roam and doesen’t want anybody restricting her movements be it physical or mental but seeing as that your a fixed scorpio you shouldn’t be as flighty and super changeable as gemini can get but change is still important to you so you may change your appearance from time to time.

    This rising gives a command of communication so you can be quite articualte and witty and find the right words with your mental swiftness that mercury endows you with.You have a excitable nature and are quick to respond to any stimulus and your very alert to your enviromnet able to observe and pick up on a inuendo in a joke or pun or body language from others around you quicker than others.In example you might start laughing at something and have to explain to a friend what just happend because the joke or inuendo shot over their head but not yours,your to alert for that;) .Crossword puzzles,games that challenge the mind,books,and information in general should appeal to your mercurial sensiblities.But one last thing about gemini and mercury that most over look and thats that mercury can be very highstrung and nervous and at times VOLATILE!!!!:eek: and your Sun in Scorpio can be VOLATILE!!!!

    in a different emotional type of way,and your moon in Aries is not known for having the longest fuse on the a stick of dynamite:laff: so now that i’m getting a intuitive sense of these 3 factors as well as your sun conjunction with your MARS!!!,It is in my unprofessional oppinion that you BEWARE:eek: of your ability to explode on somebody or over react in a way that may be a mushroom cloud of intense energy releasal (be it a Sharp tounge lashing wordstorm of Biting angry sarcasm or losing your cool at a imagined slight) erupting suddenly on a unsuspecting individual.

    Well thats what i got from my surface glance at Jeannie’s chart,i realize i did not go into all her aspects in her chart and thats because i don’t really understand all of the aspects outside of conjuctions and oppositions.But having somewhat of a working knowledge of houses and signs and planets and the symbols has allowed me to decipher some of the HIROGLYPHICS:laff2: found in a chart.I hope i helped to reveal some of who you are Jeannie,as a scorpio I know how secretive you guys are but I also know how you don’t want no superficial fluff and would prefer a indepth analysis, so thats what I tried to give you to the best of my abilities,incidentaly i have 3 planets in scorpio and pluto in the 3rd so i don’t care for shallow superficial “MISS CLEO” like crap either, it gives serious astrology a bad name and i believe we are here to learn the real deal from Maria!!!!:wave: .Well I have run my mouth long enough guys this was fun i look forward to seeing the insights of the rest of my classmates and other charts in the future,much love everyone,peace-LIBRA-LEO Damon:thumbsup:

    #113728
    maria V
    Participant

    Damon I have some bad news for you. :(

    It’s bad – real bad. My friend you are going to be soooooooo bored in the beginner’s class because you already have beginner’s astrology down pat. In fact, you are an intermediate student. I envision some wonderful astrology discussions with you here and I look forward to more of your contributions.

    You did a stupendous job with these interpretations. :clap: :dance: :clap:
    I’m very proud to have you in my class – and I didn’t teach you a darned thing yet!

    I hope you don’t mind that I broke up your text into paragraphs – I just want to be sure that others take the time to read your insightful and wonderful work.

    You are doing something that I personally believe in very much – considering the ruler of the chart and its house placement to determine “where you find yourself”. This is such a big deal in my analysis and it’s also a very large part of the new book I’m writing, Grow Into Your Soul: An Astrological Guide.

    Esoteric Astrology teaches us that the Ascendant reveals the soul’s purpose. Now Estoteric Astrology – Alice Bailey, the Rays and all that jazz is very different from the traditional astrology you will learn. But I teach traditional astrology from a soul growth perspective.

    I believe the ruler of the Ascendant can tell us how to align our personality with our soul. How to get to the lessons we are supposed to learn in our birth chart.

    I’m fleshing out a way to teach people how to do this in my book as we speak and I find it quite synchronistic that this is the first piece of information you chose to write about.

    But back to Jeannie. You will see for yourself I’m sure how right on so much of what you say is when she has time to comment. It may be awhile though. You see, dear Jeannie – as you so aptly surmised from her chart – is a nurse who works night shifts!

    She is married to a wonderful man and remember something about Saturn in the 7th – it may mean delay in marriage, but once you’re married to the person, you’re pretty much cooked. Unless you have some action going on with Uranus and Venus or the ruler of the 7th you are married forever. Either way, you have a major karmic thing to work out with your marriage partner.

    Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough analysis. :hearts:

    #113748
    Libra-leo Damon
    Participant

    Thank you for your kind motivating words Dearest Maria it made me so happy:hearts: ,And Eureka!!!!!! she is a nurse;) that stellium in the sixth house with her chart ruler Mercury and Sun with those conjunctions in the 6th just screamed out to me HEALING/HEALTH FIELD.I am looking forward to hear feedback from sister Jeannie to see what else resonates with her,your right analyzing a student of the week chart is fun,amazing,instructive and gets our astro muscles and intuition pumped up.I look forward to taking your other classes aspects,karma,relationship and perhaps one day being able to be a astro counselor like you are, instead of just having astrology as a hobby/curiosity, that is my goal and New year’s resolution to accomplish no matter how long it takes.:clap:

    #113448
    Jeannie
    Participant

    :eek: Wow! I have had to be away from the computer for a few days and I did not realize that I was up next.

    Libra-leo Damon – You did a fantastic job! As a matter of fact, much of what you have written is in the chart that I did for myself. You also added some things that I did not see. :clap:

    #110611
    Jeannie
    Participant

    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    Well lo and behold:eek: Jeannie has her chart ruler mercury in the 6th house which is the natural house for virgo which is also ruled by mercury thus that planet is going to be at home and able to express itself quite harmoniously there and the added fact it is the ruler of her chart and her gemini rising is going to give our scorpio classmate a decided MERCURIAL nature due to this repeated theme.Now she has in her sixth house what i have read is a stellium which is 3 or more planets in any house, in her case its the SUN/SCORPIO,Mars/scorpio,chart ruler mercury/sagitarius,jupiter/sagitarius,thats 4 planest in this house that deals with matters of work,service to others of some type and health and healing field,also it is indicative of Jeannie’s personal health.[/Quote]
    I have found this to be very interesting. It really ties into everything that my life has been involved in up to this point.
    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    By her having her vital Sun and mars and jupiter in this house tells me she has probably enjoyed a robust vital health with jupiter there she may have to watch her weight because of the expansive over doing nature of jupiter,with her sun in scorpio which is all about regeneration and transformation when being expressed positively and mercury and jupiter being in the same house in progressive curious minded sagitarius i could easily see Jeannie working as a HEALER,ENERGY practioner be it REKI or perhaps being a nutitionist who helps people reform their diets and eliminat toxic foods and unhealthy lifestyles so as to embrace a more vital healthy life,that or if more conventional then perhaps a nurse who is progressive minded and atleast interested in alternative forms of health outside of drug medications and surgery like Herbs and accupuncture for instance.[/Quote]
    In fact, I am a nurse, I teach childbirth/breastfeeding classes, and involved in REIKI. I have REIKI I and plan to take REIKI II in next month. I have always felt a pull to natural healing. I just wish that the rest of the nursing profession was as open minded and progressive.

    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    The fact that mercury is in her sixth house and it happens to be also her chart ruler and ruler of that gemini rising instantly lets me know that Jeannie has been very Curious about information and knowledge her whole life but placing this planet in the sixth house narrows the scope to what her specific interests are to me, and combining this with the fact that she is a scorpio I know that her information and knowledge collecting will be far deeper than if her sun sign was lets say gemini,scorpio unlike gemini is concerned with getting to the bottom of everything and probing and penertrating a subject of interest with great concentration where as gemini is satisfied to get a little surface information and then it gets bored and moves on to the next thing that grabs its fickle attention.[/Quote]
    When I get on a topic that interest me, I do tend to research it to death. My problem is that I have way too many interest right now. I want to learn everything – like yesterday.;)

    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    So with that said Jeannie has or definitely can potentially speaking, explore health,nutrition,as a profession or service to others in a way that could make her a very knowledgable speacialist.One last note about her sixth house explosion of activity is that i see 2 planetary conjunction aspects in her sixth house the first conjunction aspect is between mars and the sun which tells me Jeannie ain’t no pushover and not one to be messed with unless you want to feel her stinger:eek: ,Mars used to be said to rule scorpio and aries so by the planet mars conjuncting her Sun in SCORPIO!! its going to blend in and overemphasize and BOLSTER her forcefullness and make her all the more intense as person in a way that some insecure men might not be able to handle her strength and find it intimidating,and this tendency is backed up further by the theme of her Moon sign being in ARIES!!!! to boot:eek: (in other words don’t mess with this lady because if she has to she will get in your face(aries) and straightin you out or eliminate you as a problem(scorpio):laff: [/Quote]
    Wow – I know that some people do find me a little intimidating. This is true of all of my siblings as well. We as sort of “take charge” people and are put in management positions.

    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    The other conjunction I see in the 6th house is mercury and jupiter Conjunction,they blend vey well because they are both about knowledge with the difference being mercury is concerned with general information and collecting it and communicating it and jupiter being like a higher octave of mercury seeks higher learing,philosophy,religion,progressive thought so by her having this conjunction in the 6th house in sagitarius incidentally sag is ruled by jupiter,she should really be able to excell in the matters and concerns of this house quite strongly.

    I notice she has Uranus in the 3rd house like myself so I know that 3rd house is gemini’s natural house of education,communication,information and the planet uranus loves unconventional progressive modern unusal things,so placed here she will have interests in things such as astrolgy which is why she and I are here in the first place and new age or science and be very intuitive about knowledge where she just gets sudden intuitive flashes and just knows something,and being that her Uranus is in leo she will take pride in her ability to communicate and her ideas and wish to SHINE and share her unusal knowledge with those who are more conventional in thought.[/Quote]
    although this is all basically true, I tend to shy(if you can believe that) away for expressing my “new age” beliefs until I really comfortable with someone. Even some of my family I do not share with them the changes I have made.

    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    I see pluto her sun’s ruler in her 4th house, which could indicate she had problems with her mother and or some type of turbulence as a child in the home many the time pluto points to some type of abuse taking place in the family or home or perhaps a abusive mother when it is deposited in the 4th house,but pluto is transformative,so in someway at your very foundation of this life there is pluto themes of destruction,and rebirth and survival for you but being a sun sign scorpio you possess a higher threshold for trials and tribulations than a weaker person due to the hearty constitution of the surviving scorpion/pheonix. [/Quote]
    This is very accurate! I don’t feel like going into details, but it is very accurate.

    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    I see that across the 4th house is the planet of beauty Venus in the sign of its rulership Libra which tells me growing up wasn’t all stormy or turbulent Venus’s influence should have helped to modify some of pluto’s harshness and it could have made your early home life bitter sweet and your relationship with your mother bitter sweet as well have made the surroundings beautiful and at times harmonious. [/Quote]
    This is true too. My mother and I went through some tough times together and we have or had a really good relationship. My father was the problem and left her emotionally scarred and because of it when I was about 13, I became in many ways the parent in the relationship.

    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    I know that the 7th house is the house signifys partnerships,and marriage and you have the TASK MASTER Saturn sitting in this house and wherever Saturn sits it brings HARD LESSONS of one type or the other and also restrictions and setbacks,so with it being in Jeannie’s 6th house and in its sign of its rulership capricorn tells me that she may have married late or have a spouse who is older than her or that she may be a loner and or a person who has suffered many a dissappointment in matters of marriage or partnerships,believe me i understand this in that my Venus is in opposition to my saturn and i don’t tend to have smooth relationships,so saturn in the seventh in capricorn can definitely bring about some of these issues.[/Quote]
    True. I have been married to a Capricorn for more than 25 years. He is 6 years older.

    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    I also see her moon in aries in the 11th house and this house deals with friends and hopes goals and wishes,as well as organizations,usualy the acquaintances are connected to your interests and objectives in life,so having your moon here says that you have instinctive social charm with a group and are fed by being part of groups and that your friends or acquaintances may change when your intersts and pursuits do,but seeing as its aries that your moon is in you will have to watch out for a tendency to be impulsive and to act first and think later,also having your moon in a fire sign and your sun sign in a water sign will create a element tension in Jeannie due to the fact that fire and water don’t blend harmoniously,however this can if used constructively can make you more driven and focussed like fire under a pot boiling water in this sense we can see where two different elements are working together toward a mutal goal instead of being at odds with each other so in other words Jeannie is COOKIN:banana: .[/Quote]
    I can go along with that

    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    Last but not least I see the gemini rising which says that you may always have a youthful appearance and a lively personality that does not come off as over serious or old and stodgy,you are always on the move and in constant motion and get bored very easily with routine being stagnant,Jeannie has to be free to roam and doesen’t want anybody restricting her movements be it physical or mental but seeing as that your a fixed scorpio you shouldn’t be as flighty and super changeable as gemini can get but change is still important to you so you may change your appearance from time to time.[/Quote]

    People do have a hard time guessing my age and don’t believe that I am as old as I really am.
    I am ready for change right now. ;)

    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    This rising gives a command of communication so you can be quite articualte and witty and find the right words with your mental swiftness that mercury endows you with.You have a excitable nature and are quick to respond to any stimulus and your very alert to your enviromnet able to observe and pick up on a inuendo in a joke or pun or body language from others around you quicker than others.In example you might start laughing at something and have to explain to a friend what just happend because the joke or inuendo shot over their head but not yours,your to alert for that;) .Crossword puzzles,games that challenge the mind,books,and information in general should appeal to your mercurial sensiblities.But one last thing about gemini and mercury that most over look and thats that mercury can be very highstrung and nervous and at times VOLATILE!!!!:eek: and your Sun in Scorpio can be VOLATILE!!!!
    [/Quote]
    Again, true. Oh and I love just about any type of puzzle. crosswords, jigsaw, mysteries, logic – you name it!

    @Libra-leo Damon 128799 wrote:

    in a different emotional type of way,and your moon in Aries is not known for having the longest fuse on the a stick of dynamite:laff: so now that i’m getting a intuitive sense of these 3 factors as well as your sun conjunction with your MARS!!!,It is in my unprofessional oppinion that you BEWARE:eek: of your ability to explode on somebody or over react in a way that may be a mushroom cloud of intense energy releasal (be it a Sharp tounge lashing wordstorm of Biting angry sarcasm or losing your cool at a imagined slight) erupting suddenly on a unsuspecting individual.[/Quote]
    I actually do pretty well with my temper. I am very patient with people, but just don’t push me too far. When I do get mad, I tend to be very blunt and that is where I get into trouble.

    Again, you did a fantastic job! Thank you so much.
    You are going to love the astrology classes.:wave:

    #114016
    Libra-leo Damon
    Participant

    I enjoyed looking at your chart Jeannie and was very pleased that what I saw in your chart was confirmed for the most part by you.I have read books that my aunt had on astrology through the years just out of curiosity and never was really was serious about it,but as I became more and more fammiliar with the language and motifs of the signs,planets,and houses I noticed that i could decipher on a elementary level a chart without using a book or Astrology program due to what i remembered .I now under Maria’s tutoring wish to flex my astrology muscles and become more disciplined and knowledgeable about this fascinating Science.Once again it was my pleasure to look at your chart and offer you what i saw and I hope to continue to learn more,as far as what you said about being interested in alot things at the sametime,you don’t know how much that speaks volumes over your MERCURY CONJUNCT JUPITER ASPECT,a word to the wise don’t let that conjunction scatter your Mental energies because with all your scorpio in your chart you can easily learn whatever you shine your focus& attention on such as becomming a master at Reki.
    Much love Jeannie,-Libra-Leo Damon:wave:

    #114022
    maria V
    Participant

    Hi guys,

    If anyone else would like to offer an interpretation for Jeannie, you are more than welcome to.

    On Friday I’ll have a new featured student for you to sink into!

    For now, there is still so much you can learn from Jeannie. It doesn’t have to be more than a couple of sentences. Pick what pops out at you and run with it. Pick any planet, pick any aspect.

    Or, ask Jeannie a question about her astrology. How does it feel living with Venus square Saturn? What’s are the pros and cons of living with an Aries Moon? There is soooooo much opportunity for you to learn here. All you have to do is take it.

    We’re all family here – don’t be shy. :hearts:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.